OPPORTUNITIES IN OUR CAPE TOWN OFFICE:
1) .NET Developer
2) IT Project Manager
Trimble Land Administration are seeking highly skilled, enthusiastic ASP.Net developers. Successful candidates will join our development team in Cape Town working on a mature, workflow-driven application, used by major natural resource companies and government agencies around the world.
You would join an established and welcoming team that has embarked on an exciting journey of developing Web-based APIs to deliver our product, which are then consumed by the client-side modules we are building using Angular 2.
We are looking for smart people who can get things done, to work in a team within a strong process infrastructure, where you will be required to contribute to extending & maintaining our software. We offer a diverse, challenging, engaging and informative environment, as a platform for significantly improving your development skills.
• Computer Science/ Information Technology university degree or diploma
Experience in [4 to 7 years]:
• Software design & implementation using OOP techniques
• Application development within the web environment
• ASP.Net and VB.Net [or C#.Net but will be required to program in VB.Net]
• Structured Query Language
• Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
• Working in a Scrum team on large enterprise systems
• Visual Studio 2010 or later
• MS SQL Server 2005 or later
• IIS 6 or later.
• Case management
• Version control
• GIS an advantage (specifically Esri’s ArcGIS for Server)
• Must be willing to learn & take on new challenges
• Must be able to work in a dynamic, changing environment
• Strong desire to deliver best of breed solutions
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency & drive
• Good interpersonal skills
IT Project Manager
Trimble Land Administration Solutions is seeking an IT Project Manager to manage and deliver assigned projects for customers as part of our global professional services team. Based at our office in Cape Town, the Project Manager will ensure implementation success of our landfolio® solution platform and client satisfaction by planning, executing, and finalizing projects within agreed upon budgets and timelines. This is a permanent, senior level position, reporting to the Director of Professional Services.
• Define test and implementation project plans and conduct design review meetings
• Estimate projects, track billing time, manage budgets, create project plans, provide updates on financial performance, and schedule and assign resources (internal, third-party contractors, and/or consultants) for implementations
• Direct multiple concurrent, full-scale (complex) technology solution implementations remotely for external domestic and international clients
• Identify resource requirements/needs, resource assignments, coordination of resources, and resource dependencies and constraints
• Identify and resolve project escalation issues and review potential changes in project scope and advise stakeholders of the impact.
• Establish and execute projects based on agreed-upon scope, budget and schedule, and conduct status meetings, gate checks, and mitigate risks
• Produce and maintain all project-related documents (Project Plans, Financial Performance and Status Reports) throughout the lifecycle of each assigned project
• Conduct a Go Live Readiness Assessment and support project hand-Off, project closeout, and post mortem, and share project best practice methodologies
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
• 5 to 10 years of experience in IT Project Management or IT Consulting
• 3 to 5 years of experience analysing business needs.
• An understanding of IT Business Solutions including application development methodologies, database and system design, and client/server architectures.
• Relevant Degree and PMP preferred
• Strong use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project) and the ability to produce presentations, reports, and information for management
• Experience running multiple concurrent projects (5-10) in a matrix organization where influence is required to be successful internally and externally
• Ability to quickly move between multiple priorities to determine which needs to be acted on in which order to drive customer satisfaction
• Developing complete project plans with various moving parts that must be synchronized to deliver the final solution, including coordination of external resource partners
• Experience tracking billable time, managing timelines and budgets, mitigating risks throughout the project lifecycle, and conducting status meetings.
• Experience working as a part of an Agile Software Development team
• Experience with Land Administration, GIS, and/or Natural Resource Management would be considered an asset.
• Experience with Mavenlink would be an asset
• A working knowledge of French or Portuguese would be an asset.
• 20 - 25% Domestic and International
• Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
• Frequent verbal and written communication with team and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
For these and other vacancies within Trimble, please visit Career Centre.